Hollin Hey Farm, Romney Road, Bolton, BL1 5TS 6 bedroom house For Sale in Bolton
6 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms.
Welcome to Hollin Hey FarmStanding proud, Hollin Hey Farm is a Grade ll listed property compromising of the farmhouse, an adjoining two storey annex, a detached stone barn with planning permission for two dwellings plus a 3 acre paddock!
- As you drive up the private country lane on your approach to Hollin Hey, the tempo of life starts to slow down and you instantly absorb the view and your first glimpse of this fabulous period farmhouse. Pull through the gate and onto the sweeping graveled driveway and be wowed as you arrive. The manicured gardens to the front blur the boundaries with the fields that surround you and give a sense of being somewhere far from the hustle and bustle of Bolton life.
- Dating back to the 1600's, Hollin Hey has been lovingly and sympathetically restored by the current owners to maximise the character which is clearly evident, from the crisp white facade which is tastefully accentuated with sleek grey woodwork giving a country chic look, through to the beautifully presented interior which has retained much of its inherent character and finished with a touch of glamour.
Luxurious & GrandStep into the porch, hang up your coats, kick off your shoes and follow us through to the large entrance where you are instantly welcomed by the roaring open fire. This room is the living room, a lovely big room with wooden floor and mullion windows giving you a perfect view over the garden to the front. The formal lounge is just off to your right, also with an open fire adding a toasty warmth, which has a sophisticated yet cosy feel.
- Back through the first reception and now to the kitchen of a cooks dreams, dove grey cabinets are teamed with white marble surfaces and stone flooring, the kitchen is traditional and timeless and absolutely everything has been thought of from the integrated appliances to the endless storage. The original range remains here, a nod to the past in this contemporary space where a fabulous glazed extension has been added. Bi-fold doors let the outside in and lead you out to the back of the house and round to a quaint courtyard, the perfect BBQ spot. A handy boot room sits just next to the kitchen and if that's not enough storage you have more in the utility room on the opposite side of the kitchen, along with a downstairs loo.
- For the more formal occasions such as Christmas you have a lovely dining room which looks over the lawn to the front, the perfect spot to dine and get merry with your guests. Are you often working from home?! Well just off this room you have your study, quietly sited at the back of the house and the perfect setting for a good days work.
And So to Bed...Upstairs in the main house the high vaulted ceilings and exposed timbers give a dramatic feel retaining the true character. You have four wonderful bedrooms on this floor, three beautiful doubles and one smaller but perfect single. The master suite has its own luxurious bathroom with a roll top bath and separate shower for you to have a pamper and preen. To service the other bedrooms there is another bathroom just off the landing, we must say the view from the slipper bath out of the window ahead really is quite something! There is even the potential to break through to the annex on this floor if you are looking for even more space, so this could truly be turned into the house of your dreams if it isn't already as it stands!
The AnnexNow for the annex, this part of the house is a fabulous addition for guests, or maybe even a teenage suite? With it own access back and front, a lounge, kitchen, shower room and two bedrooms it provides a family member or two with independent living, yet still to be included within the family unit. If you prefer connected living then the separate annex could easily be incorporated into the main house giving extra living space and bedrooms... decisions decisions!!!
The Wonderful PotentialAs well a stunning family home with its own annex for family or guests, you have the potential to develop the derelict barn. Planning was passed to convert this into two dwellings with their own access from the lane at the back of the house but you may have other ideas... the possibilities are endless.
On your Doorstep...The location of Hollin Hey is not where you would expect to find a property of this type, it's far from remote and you have the buzz of daily life on your doorstep. From Chorley Old Road turn into Romney Road and continue to the farm track, as this rises up and you start to climb you get a glimpse of the open countryside ahead and suddenly you get a sense of being away from it all... truly the best of both worlds! If you need to be close to motorway access, schools, even a golf club- you have it all, this really is a unique setting and one that has to be seen to appreciate that you have everything you need on your doorstep, including Horwich and Middlebrook at your fingertips!
- THE BARN MAY BE SOLD UNDER SEPARATE NEGOTIATION FROM THE HOUSE. PART EXCHANGE MAY BE CONSIDERED.